The key to actually achieving cost savings is to engage with a system that is designed specifically to address the issues faced in your kind of organisation; one that does all of the core service and IT management functions exceptionally
well and does not require a change in culture to run. Moreover a system that offers the flexibility to underpin your working practices and can accommodate existing terminology ensures project success. Also consider future proofing; the ideal system should be designed around the latest technology and allow the adoption of Industry best practice at a pace that suits the business. Finally the system should be highly configurable and fully featured out-of-the-box with simplicity and ease of use as guiding principles.
So, what are the top ten benefits?
- Underpin working Practices with a Configurable not Customisable solution reducing TCO.
- Effective Management Reporting enabling clear KPI’s and business Trends to be measured and acted upon.
- Automate Business Processes with easily configurable Business Rules Engine and flexible Workflows.
- Self Service; reduce workload by dynamically providing context sensitive knowledge to your end users via a portal.
- Collaborative Working – Work as a team share skills with dynamic knowledge management and close more calls at first contact.
- Change is inevitable so “Keep it Simple” – adopt a system that is intuitive by design and easily configurable negating expensive consultants or long training courses to make changes.
- First Class Support – IT is typically a support function to the business and therefore an overhead, adopt a system that enables the IT department to deliver and measure first class support and satisfaction ratings.
- Drive Continuous Improvement – adopt a system that enables you to extract clear and accurate data to identify service areas that require improvement.
- Integrated Solution – select a solution that is designed to underpin “Best Practice” and delivers a consistent look and feel for all users including Administrators.
- Private Cloud – Consider what would happen in the case of major incident at the office, could a hosted solution become part of your Business Continuity Plan FOC
Simplisys Ltd specialises in Service Management.
Simplisys Service Desk is designed, developed and supported by a team of dedicated staff at Simplisys Ltd based in Bristol, England. Simplisys Ltd is an ISO 9001 registered company and delivers solutions to industry best practice and quality standards. Steve Payton said “Our design philosophy is to maintain leadership in our space by listening to our customer requirements, plotting industry trends and monitoring new and emerging technologies, then creating a software development roadmap that future proofs our solutions”.